Frequently Asked Questions
A. All prices quoted are for the standard hire of 3 days; delivery the 1st day, use the 2nd day and collect the 3rd day. In the case of weekends we normally deliver on a Friday and collect on a Monday. Individual requirements can be discussed at the point of order. In general we do not deliver or collect on bank holidays; however this does not affect your price.
A. In general, we deliver within 25 miles of Caterham, Surrey although we are willing to look at any delivery outside our area.
A. Delivery and collection depends on distance and expected journey time. Please contact us for further details.
A. There is no minimum order. We recognise that intimate events are as important as larger events.
A. No. We offer a washing up service at 25% of the total cost of hire. All we ask is that any food waste is scraped off the plates or dishes and packed in the boxes provided ready for collection. Glasses should be returned empty and upright in their boxes.
A. We do charge for missing, broken or damaged items. All equipment is the responsibility of the hirer for the duration of the hire period. At the time of delivery it is important to check all items ordered have been delivered.
A. Table linen must not be returned damp or wet. If red wine is spilt on the table linen please do not try and wash through a washing machine. Simply hang to dry before returning. Damage resulting from mildew or other stains and burn marks that will not respond to laundering will be charged at full replacement cost.
A. If you cannot see something that you require on our website, please do contact us as we are continually updating our stock and we may also be able to source your requirements.
A. We may require a deposit. Full payment is due on delivery.
A. We try to be very flexible and changes to orders can be made up to 48 hours before delivery.
Terms & Conditions
- At all times the goods hired remain the property of Top Table (South East) Ltd trading as Top Table Hire
- Prices are for 1 day hire (delivery the day before event and collection the day after). There is no VAT to pay. Weekend hire is charged at 1 day hire rate
- Payment to be made on delivery
- Cancellation of orders within 5 days of date of hire is chargeable at 50% hire charge. Within 72 hours at full hire charge
- It is the responsibility of the customer to inspect goods on delivery and confirm the items delivered are as ordered and received in good condition
- We are not responsible for loss, damage or goods stolen once delivery has taken place. On delivery, until return, insurance is the responsibility of the hirer
- All damaged or missing items will be charged at full replacement cost. Substitute items are not acceptable
- Table linen must not be returned or stored damp or wet. Damage resulting from mildew or other stains, candle wax and burn marks, that will not respond to laundering, will be charged at full replacement cost
- All residual food must be removed from plates and dishes. Glasses should be returned empty and upright in boxes
- All items should be ready in boxes at the agreed collection time. Any time spent having to pack items into boxes will be charged to the customer at £25 per hour or part thereof